Monday, February 3, 2014

Miss H Has Left The Classroom/Building/State/Time Zone

This week, I am here.

And even though I am sleeping here...


... I am spending most of my waking hours here, attending classes with titles like...

Common Core: Consistency vs. Conformity: How to Keep Teacher Individualism and Creativity Alive

and
and


I started wearing sunglasses last week, before I even got to California. But I wasn't wearing them because of the sun.

I was wearing them to hide the tell-tale signs of staying up till all hours trying to get four days of PRODUCTIVE sub plans for three and a half subjects finished...

...while also finishing up odds and ends for our first yearbook deadline which, of course, was the same week.

But now the sub plans are done, almost half of the yearbook has been submitted, and I am in San Diego (for the first time in my life), staying in an awfully nice hotel right next to a terribly beautiful ocean.


So I might just have to take advantage of the fact the afternoon session of ...

Turning High-Poverty Schools Into High-Performing Schools: 12 High Leverage Strategies That Work

...has been cancelled, and let my sunglasses do the job for which they were created. 

3 comments:

Carla said...

Try not to come back with a tan... :)
Have fun while you're enjoying the sun.

Jenny said...

I'm a little jealous that you are enjoying warm weather. We are tired of being cold. sigh. Have fun for me!

Kar said...

Oh my gosh. We lived there for two years, and I SWEAR it was the two best years of my LIFE. I miss it every day. This -40-with-wind-chill crap is really for the birds.