Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another Love Poem

In the grand tradition started by my rhyming tribute to my carport (which you can revisit by clicking HERE), I have penned a similar ode to the new semester and the return of my A-day preparation time.

What joy! What rapture! What freakin’ bliss!
I’d forgotten life could be like this!

After 18 weeks in  disarray,
I finally get a prep each day!

Time to plan, to grade, to breathe!
Time to tinkle? Yes indeed!

Sure, I prepped before, but not each day.
How’d I survive? It’s hard to say.

I came in early, and stayed till late,
Skipped countless meals, and canceled dates.

 I bordered on insanity
While choking back profanities.

But that time for which I yearned,
My precious prep, has been returned!

I can’t describe the bliss, so sweet!

I’m back to prep five times a week!

For those of you without a teaching background, prep time looks like THIS...


... but feels like THIS.

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

I am so happy for your prep hour! Yay! All teachers need one! Maybe two! You look great and your hair is so long!

Kar said...

Oooh, I love your sweater. I went one year without prep time and thought I would DIE. You really do need that hour every day.