Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Bridge of Death...

...but not THIS Bridge of Death.

Last week I was checking the weather, much like I do every afternoon, when a photo (that happens to be completely unrelated to weather, what is up with THAT, Weather Channel?) caught my eye.


This bridge looked awfully familiar. 

 It looked like the bridge I drive across when I go to the temple.
Or when I go to regional Relief Society training meetings.
Or when I go to State Department of ED meetings.
Or when I want to shop somewhere other than Wal-Mart or Cal-Ranch.

And do you know WHY it looked that that bridge?

Because it IS that bridge. 
I don't think this newly acquired knowledge about the Perrine Bridge especially dangerous and/or deadly is going effect my travels much. I mean, I already close my eyes when I drive across it. (Ha ha! Just kidding, Policeman  Dan!) What it will do is knock yet another point of interest off the list of places I can take my sister's kids when they visit my valley.

Jenny has already vetoed trips to Shoshone Falls (a.k.a. The Giant, Bone-Crushing Waterfall), City of Rocks (a.k.a. Home of Enormous Child-Squishing Boulders), and Massacre Rocks (a.k.a. MASSACRE Rocks). So now that the Perrine Bridge has been labeled "One of the 33 most dangerous places" (by the folks at the Weather Channel, the leading authorities on Bridge Safety) I am afraid that, the next time my Utah niblets visit, they are going to be spending a lot of time in my home.

But not in my guest room.

One of the world's 33 largest spiders was recently spotted near my computer desk, and I think it is going to take more than my two burley home teachers to drag him outside and put him in a horse trailer.

But then perhaps they could take him for a tour of the bridge?

1 comment:

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, I have always hated that bridge! And I have to drive across it, like, once per year. I will be saying my prayers loudly when I cross it next time.