Saturday, July 20, 2013

One Big Happy Family

 For the second year in a row, our official family photos will be wedding photos. With folks spread out from Buffalo, NY to Oakland, CA, it takes an occasion of eternal significance to get us all together.

But while the whole family was able to attend the actual wedding at the Salt Lake City Temple, not everyone was able to make it to the Idaho Falls reception the next day.

Original Jenny was only able to bring two of her half-dozen offspring; her sweet hubby John stayed home with the rest. Mikey and New Jenny were also unable to attend the IF shin-dig.

Mikey's absence threatened to derail our plans for photos of the Original H Family... until Ben, the Super Photographer, came up with a Plan B.

Ben is Spencer's brother-in-law and husband to my blogging buddy Kar. Creativity runs in their family (for proof, check out Kar's blog, Here! )

Spencer grabbed Kristina's most littlest of brothers, Ben snapped the photos, I e-mailed some shots of a tux-clad Mikey, and then Ben worked his Photoshop magic.

The result was priceless.
I am seriously recommending that my parents use this as their Christmas card photo this year.

The photos are extra fun for anyone who knows Mikey, who happens to be freakishly tall... and incredibly proud of being freakishly tall.
The moral of the story is, "Never, ever skip out on family photo opportunities."
Especially not when you have spent the last 8 years flaunting your excessive height over your older, shorter brothers.

Karma can be rough... especially when Karma has access to Photoshop.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Haha! I loooove that you guys had the idea to put Mikey's head on a short kid. I laughed so hard when Ben made those. And I agree about the Christmas card photo. It must be done. (And thanks for your sweet compliment.)