Wednesday, March 13, 2013

5 Reasons Why I'm Glad A Giant Rabbit Has Taken Up Residence In The Shrubbery Outside My House

#5. Rabbits' feet are good luck. These particular rabbit feet must be extra lucky, considering they are still attached to a rabbit that has been running lose in an area inhabited by hungry cats, large birds of prey, avid hunters, and an above average amount of student drivers.



#4. Easter is just around the corner! Having a ginormous rabbit living in your shrubbery any other time of the year could be seen by some as being  excessive (especially given the currently lackluster state of the national economy), but this close to Easter I think it will safely read as “festive”.

 
#3. It makes me feel Presidential. On April 20th 1979, President Jimmy Carter was attacked by a giant swimming rabbit. On March 8th 2013, I was startled by a giant ambling rabbit.  Coincidence? I think not.  

#2. A giant rabbit is wonderful inspiration for writing grammar practice sentences. I like to write my own sentences for board work and worksheets and, although I hate to admit it, the kidlets have gotten a little bored working with sentences about how awesome my fez is. For the past few days, our grammar sentences have been about the fuzzy-wuzzy-hippity-hop who launched a ninja style sneak attack on an unsuspecting, fez-wearing English teacher. I have named him Past Participle, but call him “Cippie” for short.

And just to clarify, I named the rabbit Past Participle, not the fez.

The fez is, of course, named Steven.

 




#1. It could be, oh, so much worse. Anytime I hear shrubbery rustle early in the morning and something other than a skunk hops out, I am a happy girl.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Oooh! How cute! Is Cippie the one in the last picture? I love that you make practice sentences based on your Fez. And now, that you make practice sentences based on Cippie and your Fez.