Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Know Aunts Aren't Suposed to Have Favorites...

...and I can honestly say that I love all eight of my wild and crazy niblets equally. But...

Every now and then, one (or two) of them makes a comment or pulls a stunt that makes me want to change my will to make that one nibet (or two niblets) the sole beneficiary of all my riches. Of course, before I can actually change my will (or write one for that matter) , another one of the little darlings will do or say something that I think is incredibly brilliant/sweet/hilarious.

It is a vicious cycle of brilliance, sweetness, and hilarity. Which is just as well because, not counting all of my books and my five pairs of Crocs, I don't have any riches to bequeath to anyone.

For example, two of my sister's boy jumped to the top of the most-favored-niblet list when they had their school pictures a few weeks ago. Their mother, bless her heart, takes pictures very seriously.

Deathly seriously.

She spent time and money to arrange stylish, photogenic, and somewhat coordinated outfits for all three older boys' school photos. She had everything in place for the photos she wanted.

And then Maxwell and Jonah decided that they didn't want to wear the stylish, photogenic, and somewhat coordinated outfits that their mama had planned.

Instead, they wanted to wear...
...their Burley T-shirts.

Now, I'm not sure if their insistence on wearing the shirts was the result of their love for me/my town, or their love of tormenting their mama.

Sure, I would like to think that they wore the shirts in honor of me/my town/my county fair. That is an awfully sweet thought.

But, as the person who invented the concept of tormenting their mama and then spent the first 16 years of my life turning it into an art form, I am equally happy with the idea that they chose those shirts to make her squawk.

But squawking or not, good mama that she is, she let the boys wear their t-shirts for the photos. So maybe she should get a mention in my eventually-to-be-written will.

I think I will leave her all of my Burley shirts. That way, she can coordinate with her boys.

Love ya Jenny!

5 comments:

Kar said...

Those kids of Jenny's make me laugh so hard. And they so obviously all adore you so much. Jenny is a cool mom to let them wear Burley shirts and to let Bentley sport a mohawk on picture day, as well.

Nat said...

You are the best aunt EVER! I think they wore their shirts as a shout-out to you.

P.S.-I love your scripture-esque post that you wrote. How awesome is it that the lights went back on right in time?

Jenny said...

doh. darn burley shirts. we are going to get you an O-town shirt to sport. ha ha! you know if you don't wear it the boys will be crushed. :)

SAYDA said...

Cute shirts! How awesome!!! Those boys are so lucky to have an aunt like you. Aubrey is so lucky to have a teacher like you too. Thanks for teaching our children and making it fun. Especially thank you for making them feel like they're worth a million dollars.

The Jones Crew said...

I loved reading this blog it made me smile and chuckle a little....go Burley!