Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Photos

Last week, all 19 members of my family got together for the first in about 4 1/2 years. And. We. Had. A. Blast.

Over the course of six days, there was hugging, visiting, swimming, swinging, teasing, chasing, shooting, racing, wii-ing, laser taging, rock climbing, skee balling, movie watching, eating, more eating, game playing, zoo exploring, even more eating, parade cheering, firework viewing, primary attending, BBQ-ing, ice cream making, ice cream eating, and even a baby (Bubba) Daniel Blessing.

We also took some photos.


And when I say "some" photos, what I mean is A LOT of photos.

And when I say "a lot" of photos, what I mean is A HECK-OF-A-STINKING-LOT of photos.

No matter where we were, or what we were doing, there was always at least one camera out and working.

But usually there was more than one.

We took photos outside.

We took photos inside.
We took photos of people doing all sorts of things.
We even took photos of people taking photos!

A few of us were able to multi task, like Aunt Deb who could push the photo button and the baby's swing at the same time.



Photos, photos, and more photos.




Everyone got in on the action.
EVERYONE.
Seriously. EVERYONE.

But not all of the flash bulbs going off belonged to cameras. A giant, symbolic idea flash bulb lit up pretty brightly over my favorite brother-in-law's head, prompting him to ponder aloud, "If everybody is taking photos already, why are we paying this guy to take more?"


Right after that, my camera beeped at me to let me know that my memory card was full, and then Kylie asked if she could borrow my camera to take a photo of a stick, so I never heard if anyone answered his question.

I guess when you add up the 1000's of photos that were taken and then divide them by 4 1/2 years, the total doesn't make us look too freakish of a family... it's what's in the photos that do that.

I love my freakish family! Lets not wait 4 1/2 years to hang out next time, ok?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's very important to document these kinds of activities. Maybe next time we should make sure that everyone has a camera - we probably missed a thing or two this time . . .