... my books to their new home.
They helped to move a lot of other things too. Big things. Heavy things. Big and Heavy things. They moved them all. And although I am so so so so so so so so grateful to them all for moving ALL of my things, it was the moving of my books that touched me the most.

Because books are very important to me, as you might recall from THIS 2008 POST.

Books are also very heavy. They are especially heavy, and awkward to carry, in the quantities in which I tend to acquire them. Not quite as heavy and awkward as my giant couch, but still.
So I want to say, "Thanks!" to everyone who helped my books and I get settled in our new place. I love you all more than I love my books. Which is really saying something.
Now, if I could only find some way for that love of reading to apply to all of the English essays and creative writing assignments that I was suppose to grade this weekend (insert exhausted sigh here) .Sorry, kidlets. Grades are over-rated anyway. Forget all of that A and B nonsense. It's more important for you to learn the joy and sense of accomplishment that comes from doing good work just for the sake of doing good work. That is a nice feeling.
Almost as nice as getting lost in a good book. You should try it sometime.
But not tonight.
You have pre-algebra homework to do tonight, and it can't be handed in late because, unlike your English teacher, your math teacher is going to actually grade your assignments at some point.

6 comments:
I'm so glad you got moved in. The place looks great, and so do your books. You do have a lot of them. I guess I'll just hang on to your new Van Reid books . . .
You are so funny.
I have a HUGE bookself of books...And I do not believe I have read any of them from front to back.
I LOVE getting lost in a good book. I definitely don't read enough. And YAY for getting all moved in to your new place!
Looks great! When I was in college, I took an interior design class to break up the English classes. One of my favorite projects was researching how many different ways to incorporate books into a room :). I think you would have aced it!
Your apartment looks GREAT Mindy! It looks like you have everything all unpacked and organized! I LOVE your new place!
My principal used to get so mad at me for not grading essays in, like, one night. I was like, dude. We've been working on these essays for six weeks. I'm not going to just read them and check mark them. C'mon. She was... um, fun. Anyways, Ben gives me so much crap about always having to move my books from place to place. They really are quite heavy. I've pared them down quite a bit, but there is not one more book that I can give up at this point, which means it's time to buy another bookcase.
Post a Comment