The kidlets were dismissed from school at 1:45 on Friday, while we teachers "had the opportunity" to attend department team meetings. Since the alternative to the "teaming opportunity" was sprinting through the parking lot in a serpentine pattern to avoid the cross hairs of the district-hired snipers, our English department was able to accomplish quite a bit. As soon as the sharp-shooters left the roof, however, I hit the blissfully snow-free road and drove east to Idaho Falls. I arrived a week early for Christmas, or three weeks late for Thanksgiving, depending on how you look at it.
A good portion of the weekend was spent hanging out with my darling nieces, K-Rae and the Monchichi. We played matching and go fish, watched some cartoons, read some Christmas stories, and planned a swimming trip for this afternoon.
I actually arrived at my parents home at the same time as my Christmas gift from my New York brother. When he asked me what I wanted this year, I told him that I was in need of something from his football team (who beat Miami yesterday!) . I'm sure whatever is in the box he sent is wonderful, but I guess I should have been a little more specific because I'm pretty sure Trent Edwards couldn't fit in a medium flat-rate box.

As long as we are on the topic of gifts, I decided to go the clothing route with my nibets this year. The big boys get T-shirts, the girls get T-shirt dresses, and the soon-to-be-baby Bubba gets a onesie, all with a very Burley theme.The skirts on the dresses were going to be lime green to match the printing, but that was before my mother spotted the cow print. I just couldn't resist.

As long as we are on the topic of gifts, I decided to go the clothing route with my nibets this year. The big boys get T-shirts, the girls get T-shirt dresses, and the soon-to-be-baby Bubba gets a onesie, all with a very Burley theme.The skirts on the dresses were going to be lime green to match the printing, but that was before my mother spotted the cow print. I just couldn't resist.
But even if they aren't bowled over by the gift of "clothing" for Christmas, I think I still have enough cool aunt cred built up to make it through the holiday with the majority of their love intact.
And if not, there are super hero and Disney princess games in the trunk of my car.

2 comments:
Glad you made it home safely, but you do realize that Bentley checks blogs now, so there is a good chance that he will see his present before you give it to him? He will think he is so sly.
I'm trying to match the niblet with the nickname - I can figure out a few, but the others... not sure.
Post a Comment