I eventually left my apartment, locked the door, and walked down the steps and across the lawn to my car. I said a silent prayer of thanks that there was no frost to scrape off the windshield, unlocked the car door, climbed in, and put the key in the ignition.
Then I put the car in first-gear, checked my mirrors, and started to flip a U-turn.
And then I stopped.
In the middle of the road.
Because I saw this...
Yep.
They're heads. In the back of a truck. Across the street from my home.
So I did what anyone in a similar situation would do: I took some photos and drove away.
We had a lot to do before our yearbook deadline, so I didn't think anymore about it for the rest of the morning. Or that afternoon. Or even that evening.
But then today I had a meeting at the ward building located three houses down from my apartment.
As I was leaving I saw this...
Yep.
It's a head. So.... at what point do I start worrying? How many disembodied heads within 100 yards of my residence in a 28 hour period do I ignore before they become a concern?
I mean , I don't want to lose my head over this if it isn't a big deal. I'd hate to fall head over heals into a quagmire of worry, but I also don't want to hide my head in the sand if some sort of action needs to be taken. So if you have any thoughts, even ones just off the top of your head, please give me a heads up.
But now, if you will excuse me, I think it is time for me to be heading off to bed.
Thank you, and good night.
5 comments:
head on down to utah - my boys might beat you up, but they will leave your head alone. ruby likes hair, but she likes it attached to a live person, so you're safe there, too.
hum....do bird heads add to your list? Yea, the Eagles are hunting along with the geese hunters that seem to not find ALL of their victims.
You are so PUNNY!! That is nutty. And those bird heads (were those turkey heads?) made me barf a little in my mouth.
Yuck!!!! What the heck? I would be feeling really creepy. So did you ever find out why they had those heads in the back of the truck? Too weird. You come stay with us if these type of things keep happening on your street. Ok?
Yikes. Those bloody heads were really gross. The mannequin head...still a bit creepy. Lock your doors! :)
Post a Comment