Really hard.
I mean, they move so stinkin' fast, and the referees are always darting in and out of the shots. And our gym is really old and dark, so that doesn't help with the photo quality.
Plus, I'm just BAD at it.

We only have one home wrestling meet a year, so that means that the yearbook Jedi and I only have one shot at getting photos for a two-page spread. I probably took a couple hundred shots that evening, half of which were unusably blurry.

Several times during the course of the meet, I found myself trying to avoid what I considered to be awkward moments by photographing the gym ceiling. And as I have reviewed the photos taken that night, I decided to make a yearbook advisor executive decision. Instead of a two-page wrestling spread, we are going to have a two-page tribute to the gym ceiling.
We only have one home wrestling meet a year, so that means that the yearbook Jedi and I only have one shot at getting photos for a two-page spread. I probably took a couple hundred shots that evening, half of which were unusably blurry.
"Why?" you might ask.
Well, I'll tell you why.
Spandex. It is not flattering on anyone, especially 12 and 13 year old boys.
Plus, due to the nature of the sport, most of the clear photos involve wrestlers grabbing each others backsides. I am afraid that pose, and various other physical situations that may be perfectly natural on the mats during wrestling season, might cause the guys some grief six months from now when the yearbooks are distributed to the masses.
Several times during the course of the meet, I found myself trying to avoid what I considered to be awkward moments by photographing the gym ceiling. And as I have reviewed the photos taken that night, I decided to make a yearbook advisor executive decision. Instead of a two-page wrestling spread, we are going to have a two-page tribute to the gym ceiling.
In the long run, I think that will just be better for everyone.
7 comments:
Yeah, wrestling is an awkward sport. I went to one in high school, and the lights were turned down so that the mat was spotlighted, and the cheerleaders were doing slap-the-mat cheers, and...yeah, very awkward. I only went to the one, because I couldn't look the wrestling guys in the eye after that.
Thank goodness for gym ceilings!
I know! I can't stand seeing Anson in that spandex thingy either. He hates it himself.
Just reading this made me remember what I overheard on Tues. before we got out of nutrition class for Thanksgiving. Boy did I find out many things about some of the guys in my class, that is including Joe. HOLY COW! Who would have thought that he was a wrestler in school? Slowly I learn things about him, but yet still nothing and the semester is about to end, sadly. He doesn't even know if he is coming back next semester. If he doesn't that semester is going to be a bad one for me.
heheee
I had never "seen" a wrestling match until I was at Rick's College and Kirk was wrestling...I have never blushed so much in all my life!!
Hey, speaking of blushing...stop by my blog I have something for you to see.
he he he. You're right! Gym ceilings can be utterly fascinating :)
Hahahaha! Ohhhh I giggled out loud. Those outfits they wear have always made me reeeeeeeally uncomfortable. And I am also a member of the Bad Photographer Club.
Post a Comment