Saturday, September 19, 2009

Elizabeth Takes A Walk

Elizabeth went for a walk today, but it was a bit different this time. There were other girls walking with her, but they had brushed their hair and didn't have morning breath.
She didn't have to carry around plastic bags to clean up after Chole the neurotic, bat-eared, rat-dog.

And this time she had a tall, distinguished gentleman as her walking partner.

Oh, and instead of having a violin student waiting at the end of her walk, there was a handsome boy and a Bishop named Homely.

This walk involved a whole heck of a lot more hand-holding than any of the other walks I have known her to take in the last few years.
There was also a lot more hugging.

Oh, and there was a little kissing involved too.

This particular walk also ended with the consumption of a some beautiful and delicious baked goods made by my mother and sister-in-law under my supervision (more on our epic cake adventure tomorrow!). I think that I would be much more willing to walk at 5 a.m. if I knew I had cake waiting at the end of the trail...not to mention a handsome boy.
Congratulations to Elizabeth and "The Boy" as they set out, hand in hand, on a long and happy walk together.
But Elizabeth, don't think you are off the hook for the early morning thing. We will see you bright and early Monday morning. And your husband can come too. We will even let you hold hands, as long as you keep the kissing to a minimum.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

congratulations to elizabeth and "the boy!"

the cake and cupcakes look great. i wish i had one to eat right now . . .

Nat said...

Oh, she is a beautiful bride! And I LOVE the cupcake/cake tower! Congrats to Elizabeth.

Carla said...

What a beautiful setting for a wedding.. and I'll bet the Bishop did a wonderful job of helping the couple tie the knot.
Did Laura help with the cupcakes? She has a photograph of those on her blog!

angelicindy said...

hooray for a beautiful wedding! congratulations Elizabeth!

Kar said...

What a beautiful couple. I love her hair! Such a pretty color! And I love the little flower girl/bridesmaids dresses.