Sunday, August 16, 2009

Most Likely To...

Due to an unfortunate combination of all-day 7th grade activities, shortened school weeks, and afternoon meetings at the district office, I didn't seen my yearbook staffers for two weeks.

Two WHOLE weeks.



Of course, I left them with plenty to do. We sent out our yearbook "favorites" surveys a few weeks ago, so I thought my necessary absences would be a great time for the yearbook jedi to count them.



All of them.



They complained a bit at first, but after they realized that I wasn't going to unchain them from their desks until they had counted and tallied every last vote, they quickly resigned themselves to their sad, paper-cut-riddled state of existence, stopped begging for bathroom breaks and sips of water, and tallied like there was no tomorrow.


The result of their diligent, and only somewhat coerced effort, was a list of winners for the various "favorites" categories. As I pursued the names of those kidlets who had been declared "Most Likely to Rule The World", "Most Likely to Win a Reality Show", and "Most Likely to Crash the Driver's Ed Car", and so on, I got to thinking about the "favorites" lists in my old yearbooks.



I operated far enough below the radar in junior and senior high to escape consideration during the favorites voting process. And I was fine with that. But now, thanks to the evil geniuses who run Yearbook Yourself, I have the opportunity to declare various versions of myself as the winners of all sorts of prestigious yearbook awards.



Behold: Miss H Through the ages...


Most Likely To Be a Wall Flower at a USO Dance

Most Likely To Work The Switchboard As a Telephone Operator



Most Likely To Join "Hair Club for Women"



Most Likely To Be Mistaken For My Mother's Jr. High Photos




Most Likely To Suffer Permanent Hair-Weight-Related Spinal Damage



Most Likely To Be Confused With My Mother's High School Photos



Most Likely To Unknowingly Waste $20 on a Baggie of Oregano.



Most Likely To Be Eaten First If A Plane Full of Her Soccer Buddies Crashed in the Andes.



Most Likely to Guest Star in An Episode Of "Charlie's Angels".



Most Likely To Own a Pet That Looks Just Like Herself




Most Likely To Date Guys Named Vince, Guido, Nicky, or Dominic.



Most Likely To Die Tragically In a Freak Hairspray vs. Flame Accident



Not to be confused with...

...Most Likely To Be Maimed In A Tragic Crimper Accident.


Most Likely To Be Cast As "Vanessa" In a "Cosby Show" Tribute.




Most Likely To Fall In Love With A Guy Named "Ross" While Sipping Hot Beverages Out of Over-Sized Cups at Central Perk.





After seeing all those great looks (and many, many more!!!) I found my actual 2009-2010 school photos to be a bit of a let down.

Which is why I think I will print this one out to go in our faculty photo display on the wall at the junior high. REALLY.

But I'm wondering which "Most Likely To..." I would win with this awesome-possum look. Any ideas?

Hmmmmmm....I think I just found the kidlets' bell work question for Monday. This should be FUN!

No comments: