Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break Haikus

hai⋅ku   /ˈhaɪku/ [hahy-koo]
1. a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.
2. a poem written in this form.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neurotic, needy
Bat-eared, treat-gobbling canine
Steals hearts with one look



Chipmunk cheeks, doe eyes
Loves Mom, Grandpa, and fruit snacks
Hates that Chloe dog



Me! I can do it!
Two year old rodeo fan
Busy little girl



First grade genius child
Kicked my trash in space knowledge
Rematch on Thursday


Tough guy brainiac
Just don’t tell him what to do
Big heart but short fuse

Currently a dog
Barks and growls at passers-by
Next week: a cheetah

Warrior Princess
Brothers fear her fiery wrath
Loves shoes and sword fights



The yearbook is done
The end of panic attacks
…until next year (sigh)


Sweet light at the end
Of the dark yearbook tunnel
Canada tastes good.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Thats really good Mindy!

Janiece said...

That is wonderful!
Have a fantastic Spring Break!

Jenny said...

if you called ruby a warrior princess to her face, she would be offended. she likes to be "ruby" and that's it. no princess stuff for her. :)

nice haikus. :)

Nat said...

Do you remember McKenzie A.? In our sophomore Eng. class she wrote a haiku that ended "So give me an A". Don't know why I still remember that.

Spring break, coming so fast
with hopes of warmth and sunshine,
But probably cold.

Haikus rule.

Kar said...

Nice Haikus, Mindy! They made me laugh. I didn't know Maxwell had a short fuse! Of course, I don't think he and I have ever interacted... A Haiku about my overwhelming urge to get Texas Roadhouse food for lunch:

Texas Roadhouse food -
So yummy. So expensive.
Today I'll abstain.

SAYDA said...

Congratulations!!! I'm glad the year book is done!